SummitCare, Baulkham Hills
Set in Sydney’s Hills District, SummitCare Baulkham Hills is set to redefine residential aged care.
186 light-filled quality rooms (each home to a stylish Interpod ensuite), beautiful gardens, relaxing common areas and a cafe are just some of what this lifestyle centre offers.
Here at Interpod we are passionate about delivering an amazing experience for our lovely aged population and are proud to have partnered with SummitCare & Richard Crookes Construction on this state of the art aged care facility.
Designed by international interior architecture practice Chada, Baulkham Hills’ interior feels more like a luxury hotel, delivering a whole new experience in aged care.
Delivering a state-of-the-art bathroom to match this experience was obviously a highly important consideration. Interpod Offsite, Summit Care & the designers, worked extensively on the design to ensure we would deliver a room not only meeting the latest hygiene and aged care design requirements, but with luxurious feel and style as well.
Interpod incorporated a number of features into the bathroom including:
- 1 large grab rail extending across 2 walls
- DDA Compliant
- Nurse call buttons in each bathroom
- Contemporary, custom designed wall cupboard which provides an aesthetic focal point while allowing materials to be kept at easy to reach heights.
- Locks to all cupboard doors for safety
- Includes the air conditioning tundish as part of the pod
- Granite look wall tiles and quality feature tiles included in each bathroom
- Unique oval shaped mirror
- Luxury stone bench top with porcelain sink inset
- Modern non-slip tiled floor
- Large, spacious layout
Residents have the option of larger suites for couples living together and apartment style living for those who would like extra living space and their own kitchen.
Challenges for the site were to get a consistent finish across all levels. Delivering bathrooms with the functionality and quality required for aged care, but with the style and luxury of a high-end hotel.
The Interpod QA process enables bathrooms to be manufactured to consistent standards.
The project is on track to be open in September, featuring stunning bathrooms with quality finishes, and will be home to many local seniors.